Sunday 16 September 2012

as promised.

So like I said I would I'll share a snippet of our first experience with sewage back up!

I don't even think we were in our place for 3 days and our sewer BACKED UP. 
I went to go check the laundry around 10pm and found water all over the floor, including the furnace room! At first I thought it was just water, but to my horror it was not (and I will leave it at that, no further description needed).

Between a trip to walmart (because it was the only place open that late!), a lot of mops&buckets, storm's hunting boots (no gum boots available), phoning the City of Saskatoon in the next morning; having them come to only find out they couldn't fix it, and then having to get a plumber to come later that day our welcome to our new home experience was taken care of. And some how I managed to not have an anxiety attack...
Thankfully Storm had some friends over playing PS3, so I didn't have to do any of the dirty work.

Now that we're all recovered, we are living it up here in Saskatoon!!.. sort of. 

This is how we spend our Friday evenings
chocolate fondue!! home warming gift from mommy dear:) These Velata warmers are the easiest and cleanest version of  a chocolate fondue I've ever seen! 
Does he ever smile in a picture; no. Does he always make faces; yes. 


Brilliantly Oshi thought of dipping almonds. genious!

I did.. I gave in and we moved it upstairs. It's a sore to my eye, but can slightly be forgiven for it's ultimate sitting space and comfortableness. 
One day we'll get a cover.

But for now we're just easing into this Saskatoon lifestyle so many others are living. 
The temperature is starting to drop, meaning Fall is coming and you know what that means! 

A homemade hummus always fits in there somewhere as well. 
I made this one the other day and it's winner. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! Please be nice:)